Historic Rockland Estates in Washington County MD has woken up from it's Covid-19 Nap and is as Beautiful as Ever!! Drone Footage Coming Soon!! This 25.5 Acre Estate is Boasting a Brand New Roof, New Deck off the Sun Room, New Driveway Apron and Gravel Grading & Manicured Lush Landscaping of the Grounds and is ready for it's New Owners!!Welcome to Rockland Estates!! Considered by many as "The most refined home in Washington County" this Tidewater Mansion was Built in 1803 by Colonel Frisby Tilghman (1773-1847), Son of Maryland's first Attorney General, James Tilghman. This magnificent property so rich in history is centrally appointed among 25.5 green picturesque acres, features 10,000+ square feet of total living space which includes 7 Bedrooms, 3 1/2 Baths, 8 Fireplaces and what is known as Washington County's Largest Bank Barn. Equestrian Amenities: The property site includes a turn key horse farm, with lush fenced pastures, a 3 bay shop with oil furnace and 200 Amp 110/220 electric service, large hot and cold water insulated wash stall, 4 bay carport with run in and dog kennel, 7 stall bank barn with tack/feed room and grooming stall, carriage house/office with heat and electricity, large bank barn (capacity for 16 stalls), auxiliary buildings~ roofs painted in 2007, the original summer kitchen and spring house intact. Just over an hour from Washington DC, Rockland has undergone extensive renovations which include Central Air Conditioning, a remodeled Kitchen, two fully renovated Luxurious Full Baths, expansive 3,000 Bottle Wine Cellar, milk barn converted for catering and/or office space and beautifully landscaped grounds with Formal Gardens and Walkways which include the planting of over 300 Trees and Shrubs. Zoned Agricultural, this Estate is one of the few Farms and Historic Properties in Washington County with Approved Liberal Zoning Permits for Events, including Weddings. Offering Historic Elegance and Modern Luxury, Rockland Estates is in a Class all its Own!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial
3 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, Well, Pri
Other Construction, Stone
7,290 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Yes -4 spaces
Washington County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Florida Room, Attic
- Dining Area, Formal
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Range-Oven, Dishwasher, Dryer, Freezer, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Six Burner Range, Appliance Center, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile
- Central Air, Electric
- Oil. Heat Pump.
- Partial, Entrance Outside, Poured, Workshop
- 32 Inch Or More Wide Doors, 36 Inch Or More Wide Halls.
- Security System
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Wood Floors, wine storage, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, 9Ft+ Ceilings, High Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. 4 Carport Spaces. Driveway, Lighted.
- Stone, Other
- Deck, Patio, Porch, Brick
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Farm Equipment, Milk House, Shed, Silo, Tobacco Barn, Livestock Facilities, Paddock.
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)