Historic Rockland Estates in Washington County MD is a Hidden Gem and is as Beautiful as Ever!! This 25.5 Acre Estate is Boasting a Brand New Roof, New Deck off the Sun Room, New Driveway Apron and Gravel Grading & Manicured Lush Landscaping of the Grounds and is ready for it's New Owners!!Welcome to Rockland Estates!! Considered by many as "The most refined home in Washington County" this Tidewater Mansion was Built in 1803 by Colonel Frisby Tilghman (1773-1847), Son of Maryland's first Attorney General, James Tilghman. This magnificent property so rich in history is centrally appointed among 25.5 green picturesque acres, features 10,000+ square feet of total living space which includes 7 Bedrooms, 3 1/2 Baths, 8 Fireplaces and what is known as Washington County~s Largest Bank Barn. Just over an hour from Washington DC, Rockland has undergone extensive renovations which include Central Air Conditioning, a remodeled Kitchen, two fully renovated Luxurious Full Baths, expansive 3,000 Bottle Wine Cellar, milk barn converted for catering and/or office space and beautifully landscaped grounds with Formal Gardens and Walkways which include the planting of over 300 Trees and Shrubs. Zoned Agricultural, this Estate is one of the few Farms and Historic Properties in Washington County with Approved Liberal Zoning Permits for Events, including Weddings. Offering Historic Elegance and Modern Luxury, Rockland Estates is in a Class all its Own! By Appointment Only and Proof of Financial Capability.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial, 2+ Story
3 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Other, Electric Water Heater, Pr
Other Construction, Stone
Private Sewer System, Septic
10,731 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Yes -4 spaces
Washington County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Laundry Room, Living Room, Foyer, Attic
- Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Range-Oven, Dishwasher, Dryer, Double Oven, Six Burner Range, Appliance Center, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile
- Central Air, Electric
- Electric Heating, Oil. Heat Pump.
- Partial, Heated, Poured
- 32 Inch Or More Wide Doors, 36 Inch Or More Wide Halls.
- 24 Hour Security, Monitor System, Security System
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. 4 Carport Spaces. Circular Driveway, Driveway.
- Stone, Other
- Porch, Deck, Brick, Roof Deck
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Paddock.
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)