Pristine Historic home in downtown Charles Town. Want to live in the city? Want to be able to walk to the bank, post office and local restaurants? This home has been meticulously maintained by the owners for 35 years. The wrap around front porch welcomes you and invites you to enjoy a hot cup of coffee or tea. The gorgeous woodwork and design creates a grand feeling as you set foot inside the home. The front living room has beautiful windows and a wood burning fireplace. Wait until you see the original pocket doors that separate the living room and dining room. In the back of the house is a quaint kitchen with room for a breakfast table. Right off the kitchen is a covered back porch (11.6 x 11.6) to enjoy every season of the year. Have breakfast out there, play cards or even turn it into a reading room. The home boasts 6 bedrooms, yes 6! There are 4 large sized bedrooms on the upper level with a hall bath and one bedroom connects to a bathroom to potentially be used as the owner's suite. As you head up to the 4th level, you'll find 2 more bedrooms and an attic space (14 x 19) for storage. The driveway in the rear is accessible from Jenkins Way. You have ample parking for several cars. You'll find a huge 24 x24 shed with a garage entry door and the original single car garage . This little piece of history is being sold "as is"
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Traditional
2 Full/1 Half
Electric Water Heater, LP Gas Water Heater, Public
2,997 sq. ft
Yes - 1 space
Electric service available
Jefferson County Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Foyer, Attic
- Dining Area, Formal
- Hookups in Basement
- Galley Kitchen
- Gas Range/Cooktop, Laundry Hookup
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile
- Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Oil, Steam. Radiant.
- Partial, Full, Entrance Outside, Poured, Unfinished Basement, Walkout
- 1. Brick, Mantle, Wood-burning.
- 2+ Access Exits J.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- 1 Garage Spaces. Street Parking.
- Patio, Porch, Wrap-around Porch
- Lot View
- Sloped, Level
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Out Building, Satellite Dish, Sidewalks, Front Yard, Not In Development, Back Yard. Front Yard, Level, Rear Yard, Sloping, Unrestricted.
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)