BELVEDERE ON THE POTOMAC : Potomac Waterfront A fabulous 180 degree view of the Potomac River will greet you every time you look out the window or step on the lovely front deck of this manor type home. This is an historic site of both Revolutionary and Civil War events involving battles for the Potomac Ford, a dam, and associated mill. This home was originally associated with the mill, which no longer exists. It is considerably above the river and is very private, with only one other residence along this part of Vineyard Rd. Well out of sight down the road, the dam and it's power house remain in service. The location of the property on the Potomac near the dam protects it from an overload of boat traffic. It is a peaceful, private, incredibly beautiful location. Rare indeed. The home was clearly built (around 1790) to take advantage of the view. There is even a peaceful OLD colonade of huge trees at one end of the property. The river views across the river both upriver and down will never change protected on the opposite bank buffered by land that is part of the Federal C+O Canal national park. Having worked with this property in the past we were stunned at the quality and extent of renovation the current owners have done. The new kitchen is huge and gorgeous with all new top drawer appliances. The living room has come to life. A spare room on the first floor has been transformed into an equally gorgeous 2nd kitchen/LR combo which combined with two upstairs rooms and a bath could be used as a guest suite. All the bathrooms have been very nicely re-fitted, and the 3 fireplaces are now functional and complement the interiors. A detached garage has been rehabbed into a very nice workshop or office, well insulated with, heat, electric power to do as you will . And as part of this process, the power line has been buried so that it no longer interferes with the river view. There is a boat ramp. The front of the property has a large lawn down to the river, the back of the home is encased by an astounding rock formation: also beautiful to be viewed from all the rear windows and from a patio accessed through the french doors in the dining area. Patios, balconies and decks provide quiet, private and varied viewing spots A more complete description, written by the seller, of the extensive renovations is within the documents section of this listing. IN SHORT, THIS IS A GREAT LOVELY HISTORIC 1st or 2nd home dominating a good stretch of the deep water Potomac. "The Potomac offers beauty, recreation, and these days, comfort." The area is home to lots of wildlife as well as wild vegetation. Falling Waters is a convenient location for travel to Washington DC and Baltimore Md., EZ access to I-81, close to I-81 and I-70 Interchange near Martinsburg which has MARC commuter train to DC. Belvedere comes COMPLETELY FURNISHED to the nines; turn key ready to move in and enjoy. Bring you canoes, kayaks, power boat, fishing gear and swimming suit to enjoy the Potomac . The rarest of opportunities. . " I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order:-Naturalist John Burroughs This property is for you if you love and enjoy the wonder of natural beauty. This property is for you if you love unique, quality construction This property is for you if you want beautiful Potomac River waterfront for recreation and enjoyment This property is for you if you like privacy. This property is for you if you want a home completely furnished ready to move in turnkey This property is for you if you want low taxes This property is for you if you want a convenient location reasonably close to DC and Baltimore and the MARC Commuter train from Martinsburg This property is for you if you want a place to get away that is peaceful and quiet to let the rest of the world go by Rare opportunity. One of a kind.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached
3 Full/1 Half
Softener Own, LP Gas Water Heater, Well
Brick, Mason, Rock, Concrete, Brick Front, Hardi P
3,410 sq. ft
Other, Electric service available
Berkeley County Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Country Kitchen, 2nd Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Microwave, Dryer, Electric Dryer, Energy Star Appliance(S), Washer, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Ice Maker, Self-Cleaning Oven, Wall Oven, Electric Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Appliance Center, Water Treatment System
- Tile, Slate, Other, Wood
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Other. Radiant, Heat Pump, Wall Unit, Other.
- Partial, Walkout, Workshop, Entrance Outside
- Double Pane, Insulated, Low-Emittance
- 3. Stone, Brick, Gas Burning, Insert, Fireplace Screen.
- 2+ Access Exits J, 36 Inch Or More Wide Halls, Other.
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Attic Storage, Built-Ins, Wood Floors, Cedar Closet, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Open Floor Plan, 9Ft+ Ceilings, High Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- Circular Driveway.
- Brick, Stone, Concrete, HardeePlank
- Patio, Deck, Roof Deck
- Lot View
- River, Scenic, Trees/Woods
- Body of Water
- Level, Sloped
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Boat Ramp, Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Street Lights, Landscaped, Front Yard, Fishing. Backs To Trees, Cul-De-Sac, Flood Plain, Landscaping, Open, Sloping, Private, Level, Front Yard, No Thru Street.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price