Lick Run Ca. 1774, 125 Acres, National Register of Historic Places. An Historic Stone Georgian 5000 sf home; described on the Register Survey as ~a substantial and very handsome house~, and the surroundings as ~excellent and unspoiled~. Also included are a large limestone barn, a huge 4 level wonderful stone mill constituting a ~Rare grouping of historic structures~. The Home has 7 bedrooms, 5 fireplaces and two kitchens. In the recent past the floor plan has worked well for family compound or more than one family. The land has stunningly beautiful gently rolling grounds, with multiple streams, and a great WATERFALL beyond the mill for the millrace. The giant stone mill is served by this beautiful burbling mill race with an approximate 1 mile walking path along it through the woods and fields. The house has renovated top of the line gourmet kitchen for the serious chef and beautiful master suite that opens to the upper porch and has peaceful views. There are two-tiered balustraded porch on the front of the house, providing pastoral views. They are perfect spots to breakfast, relax, read, and enjoy the day. Floors are random width throughout. Lots of early hardware. The charming original log summer kitchen sports a large stone fire place, original floors and beamed ceilings. It is a perfect 18th century log room and provides great ambiance for friends and family dinners. Tennis Court. Numerous outbuildings. Yes, you can be convenient and getaway from the stress/ Convenient to nearby 1-81 and easily accessible shopping centers, about 5 miles to MARC commuter rain to DC. Lots of possibilities with this unrestricted, enchantingly beautiful property. PLEASE NOTE. Tax info in documents linked to in listing is out of date due to recent boundary adjustments and re-subdivision. Will try to update.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Georgian, 2 Story
4 Full/1 Half
Tankless Water Heater, Well
5,201 sq. ft
Yes - 5 spaces
Peter Light/ Henry Bedinger
Berkeley County Schools
Detailed Room Information
- 2nd Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Six Burner Range, Instant Hot Water, Microwave, Gas Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Water Treatment System
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Other
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s), Attic Fan
- Electric Heating. Zone, Central.
- 7. Mantle, Stone, Brick.
- Alarm, Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Breakfast Area, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Wainscoting, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, High Ceiling, Beamed
Exterior / Lot Features
- 5 Garage Spaces. Street Parking, Private, Stone Driveway.
- Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Water, Trees/Woods, Pasture, Pond
- Body of Water
- Lick Run Millrace, Waterfall and Pond, Hoke Run
- Sloped, Level, Irregular
- Board Fence, Wood, Split Rail, Partial
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Tennis Court, Waterfall, Front Yard, Landscaped, Not In Development, Back Yard, Side Yard, Fishing, Atrium. Cleared, Front Yard, Irregular, Landscaping, Level, Open, Partly Wooded, Pond, Private, Rear Yard, Rural, Secluded, Sideyard(S), Sloping, Stream/Creek, Unrestricted, Other.
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)